Saturday, July 3, 2010

The What Market?


Today we got up early, (7:30) and drove out to the Tuacahn to see the Farmer's Market out there. Let me just tell you, that was not a Farmers Market. I was really wanting some good fresh fruit, but everything there was those beaded bands that you attach to a watch face, or earrings made out of turquise, or bracelets made out of soda cans. Yes, creative, and there was some cute stuff, but I just wanted some fresh organic fruit, dang it!! So we finally left and went to the REAL Farmers Market in Ancestor Square on blvd and main, and I found what I was looking for. :) Well, almost. The only fruit there were teeny little apricots. So of course, we had to get some along with sugar snap peas, some pretty flowers, some little roma tomatoes, and other delicious veges. So even though I still didn't get all the fresh fruit I wanted, we did get some yummy produce that I am so excited to cook and eat with! Yum! I'll also definitely be making a saturday morning tradition out of this! Except without the Tuacahn part. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment